Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Out, damned muffin top !

Before leaving Florida, my brother Ian gave me a pair of his old jeans.  Now these jeans might have been a good fit on him, but after two years of French cuisine, followed by a month of Floridian over-eating, my waistline didn't quite get all the way inside the jeans.  And for the first time in my life, my belly was overflowing my jeans !


Well, I'm happy to say, after two months of long, uncomfortable bus rides, several bouts of diarrhea, hours of fruitless searching for vegetarian meals, and appetite-less altitude sickness, I've lost enough of my mid-section to fit respectably in Ian's pants.

1 comment:

  1. Is it really difficult to eat vegetarian down there? congrats on your smaller midsection - even if it is a result of, well, diarrhea cha cha cha.

    ReplyDelete